The incumbent will be responsible for property development and redevelopment activities/programs for the Group. He/She will also be responsible for providing pre and post contract, quantity surveying and property development administration services in support of the Group's Property Development / Redevelopment initiatives as well as ensuring the Group's objectives and targets are achieved at best value, costs and time and in compliance with applicable standards, codes and best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares Property Development / Redevelopment Proposals by determining the Business Unit's (the Internal Client) requirements and all pertinent legal, statutory and industry requirements and standards for the proposed property development / redevelopment project
* Develops Cost Management strategies and processes for the successful delivery of Property Development / Redevelopment projects
* Manages the Annual Major Repairs & Maintenance Program
* Develops implementation plans for the major premises upgrades and relocation projects that meet the scope, timelines and approved capital expenditure budget limits
* Manages Design Development process and ensures compliance with procedures for managing changes to the Design Development process / project brief
* Manages Pre-Contract Services and maintains a database of industry based labour and material rates and purchasing conditions to allow for production of in-house estimates for goods and services to be procured for Property Development / Redevelopment contracts
* Leads the evaluation team in the evaluation of proposals for Design Development consultancy services
* Negotiates contracts in accordance with guidelines set by the Sourcing and Procurement Unit and/ or the Tender Committee
* Manages Post-Contract Services such as contingencies and variations to ensure projects meet specifications and provides advice on corrective measures required to maintain and/or accelerate progress where delays have occurred in relation to the program
* Manages the day-to-day operations of Property Development functions
* Supervises the Property Development Team
* Performs all other duties assignments and special projects as assigned by the Senior Manager or Executive Management relative to the function
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a Business related field from a reputable University or other professional qualification from a recognized professional body and five (5) years progressive experience in banking with specific experience and proven track record in Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, at least two (2) of which must be at the Managerial Level
* OR Executive Diploma/Diploma and seven (7) years progressive experience in banking with specific experience and proven track record in Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, at least five (5) of which must be at the Managerial Level
* OR Global Mindset Development Program Certificate and ten (10) years progressive experience in banking with specific experience and proven track record in Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, at least seven (7) of which must be at the Managerial level.
* Professional Certification with related industry groups e.g. Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors will be an asset.
Port of Spain
9 Queen's Park East