– Management of petty cash and replenishment
– Monitoring daily cash flow of the company
– Controlling all banking and operating systems ensuring that all bank balances are updated
– Ensure the efficient management of company’s bank accounts
– Supervision of bank reconciliations
– Supervision of cashier and management of receipting
– Review payments and disbursements; Supervision of payable
– Variance reporting on actual against plan on a monthly basis and management of budget unit of the accounting software
– Assigned Balance Sheet and Income Statement Reporting
– Assist in the preparation of the Annual Plan/Budgets
– Assist in coordinating year end audit
– Liaising with actuaries for year end and ad-hoc information after review of annual rates
– Ledger/Schedules/ Reconciliation Review and Approval
– Authorize journal entries
– Assist management with special projects
– Staff appraisals
– Interaction with external bodies eg: regulators, actuaries, auditors
– Compliance with CCIS, regulatory policies, practices and procedures, accounting standards
– Problem Resolution – To identify and correct problems promptly
– Any other tasks assigned by management
– Computer Literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office).
– Strong Analytical Skills.
– Strong Spreadsheet Application Skills.
– Ability to meet tight deadlines.
– Strong Inter-personal and communication skills.
– Minimum of five (5) years Accounting Experience.
– Two (2) years at Supervisory Level.
– Accounting Software experience.
Experience, Knowledge and Certification Requirements:
– Certified Accountant (e.g. ACCA, CPA etc.), Professional Accounting degree or equivalent qualification.
Cuna Caribbean Insurance
Port of Spain
11 Queens Park East